I have avoided using inline blocks due IE7’s inability to handle them for as long as I can remember. There have been work arounds depending on what I was aiming to achieve like using ul’s and li’s and floats. But I have finally found a fix and it’s freakin’ simple thanks to a post I found on <a href="http://flipc navigate to these guys.blogspot.com/2009/02/damn-ie7-and-inline-block.html”>The Mad Ranter
The fix simply involves placing a * before declaring the attribute which all proper browsers will ignore except for the oh so wonderful IE7 and then displaying the div inline
and voila, it works in IE7. IE8 thankfully doesn’t need the fix and seems to work just fine with inline blocks… so far.
The blog even describes how to fix the issue for IE6, but to be honest, I didn’t bother with that as I gave up on IE6 a looong time ago.